Last modified: October 02, 2023
Table of Contents
- General Information
- What Data Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Your Data?
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Data Sharing
- What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data
- How We Secure Your Data
- Children's Privacy
- International Users
- Contact Information
- Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
- Additional Information
1. General Information
- The types of information we collect
- How we use and share your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
- How we protect your information
- Other important privacy information
2. What Data Do We Collect?
In this section, we explain the types of information Side Hustle Industries collects when you use our Service.
Personal Information you have provided to us
Side Hustle Industries may obtain the following types of information from you or concerning your computer or device (“Information”), which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone (or mobile) number(s)
- Credit/debit card information
- Blog or website URL
- Social networking handle or username
- Demographic information (e.g., age, gender, interests, and preferences)
- Professional title
- Activities or content viewed on any of the Side Hustle Industries websites
- Information collected automatically ( detailed below )
- Information received from Third Parties ( detailed below )
When you register to receive any products or services from Side Hustle Industries or provide information to Side Hustle Industries in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current, and complete information.
Non-Personal Information automatically collected about you
Side Hustle Industries may automatically receive and log certain types of information when you visit or interact with our websites, services, mobile applications or other products, including:
- Browser information
- Operating system information
- Mobile device information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- IP Address
- Internet service provider
- Content viewed
- Geographic location
- Connection speed
- Time of visit
- Referring site, application, or service
- Registration time
Information from our partners
If you choose to use any third-party website or service that is integrated with Side Hustle Industries, including a third-party social networking or blogging site, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or WordPress (“Third-Party Websites”) – or if you use any Side Hustle Industries application provided through any Third-Party Website – we may receive Information, including Personally Identifying Information, from such Third-Party Websites, including, but not limited to:
- Nickname or username
- Photo or graphic avatar
- Unique Third-Party Website identifier (e.g., Facebook User ID)
- Biographical or demographic information (e.g. professional title, gender, college attended, etc.)
- Likes and interests
- Any Information that is publicly available on Third-Party Websites. For example, Side Hustle Industries may offer the ability to use certain Third-Party Websites to facilitate your registration on Side Hustle Industries. We may also use Information about your profile and connections on Third-Party Websites to allow you to share or connect with your friends and contacts on Side Hustle Industries or to personalize your experience. In addition, Side Hustle Industries offers plugins and widgets from various Third-Party Websites that allow you to share Side Hustle Industries content off of our service, as discussed in “Disclosure of Information to Third Parties”.
Your decision to use, or share with, a Third-Party Website when accessing or using Side Hustle Industries products and services is completely voluntary. Side Hustle Industries is not responsible for compliance with the policies or practices of any Third-Party Website. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information such Third-Party Websites may make available to Side Hustle Industries by reviewing those Websites’ privacy policies and service terms, and by modifying your privacy settings and preferences on those Services.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
3. How Do We Collect Your Data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may collect information from third-party sources, such as social media platforms or other service providers, if you connect your account or interact with us through these platforms. The information we collect from third parties may include your public profile information and other data made available by the platform.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
In this section, we describe how Side Hustle Industries uses the information we collect to provide and improve our services.
Purposes of Processing
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Providing and personalizing our services
- Processing transactions and payments
- Communicating with you and providing customer support
- Improving and optimizing our website and services
- Marketing and promotional activities, with your consent
- Complying with legal obligations
Legal Bases for Processing
We process your information based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your consent, where applicable
- Contractual necessity for providing our services
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Legitimate interests, such as improving our services and marketing
5. Data Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties for various purposes, as described below:
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your personal information with third parties, including but not limited to the following service providers:
Meta (formerly Facebook)
Brevo (formerly Sendinblue)
If you subscribed to our newsletter, if someone invited you to a Side Hustle Website Hosting project, or if you requested that you receive automated messages from sidehustlewebsitehosting.com, we also store your email address. We will delete your email address once you delete your user account or if you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
We use the double opt-in method to ensure that you actually want to receive the newsletter. If you go through this process, you agree to receive the newsletter and to be added to the mailing list for it, and then you will receive a confirmation email that will allow you to legally confirm that you have registered for the newsletter. We will only add your name to the mailing list if you actually complete the confirmation.
We use these data exclusively for sending information that you request including information about our new offers.
We use Brevo as our newsletter software. So if you agree to register for the newsletter, we will send your data to Sendinblue GmbH. Brevo is prohibited from selling your data and from using it for purposes other than sending our newsletter. Brevo is a German certified provider whom we chose because they must comply with the requirements of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
You can find more information on Brevo here:
You can revoke your consent at any time to the storage of your personal data (including your email address) and to the use of your data. You can do this, for example, by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the newsletter. The legal basis for processing your data for the above purpose is Art. 6 (1) lit. a or Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
These service providers assist us in various functions and services, such as website hosting and maintenance, payment processing, data analytics, and more. They will have access to your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform their functions and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your data.
If Side Hustle Industries undergoes a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction. We will notify you via email or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with legal obligations
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Marketing and Analytics Partners
We may share non-personal information and aggregated, anonymized data with marketing and analytics partners for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Understanding user behavior and preferences
- Improving our products and services
- Marketing and advertising campaigns
These partners do not have access to your personal information unless you have explicitly provided consent or if required by applicable laws.
6. What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data
As a user of our services, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. We are committed to respecting and facilitating the exercise of these rights. Below are the rights you may have:
Access to Your Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data, subject to verification of your identity. You may request this information by contacting us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
Correction and Deletion
If you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request correction or deletion of your data. We will promptly review and, if necessary, update or delete your information, subject to applicable legal requirements and verification of your identity.
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit this data to another data controller where technically feasible. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you have previously provided consent for us to send you marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can typically do this by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in our marketing emails or by contacting us using the information in Section 11 (Contact Information). Please note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive non-marketing messages, such as service-related announcements.
Do Not Track Signals
We respect your browser's "Do Not Track" signals. When you enable "Do Not Track" settings in your browser, we will refrain from collecting your personal information for tracking purposes, but please note that this may not affect the data collection by third-party services as described in Section 4 (Data Sharing).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions or concerns about your data, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
7. How We Secure Your Data
We take the security of your personal information seriously and have implemented measures to protect it. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data. Below are some of the security measures we have in place:
Data Security Measures
We employ industry-standard security technologies and procedures to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Encryption: We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to encrypt data transmitted between your browser and our servers.
- Access Control: Access to your personal information is restricted to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to access it for business purposes.
- Regular Audits: We conduct regular security audits and assessments to identify and address potential vulnerabilities.
Retention of Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with legal obligations. When your data is no longer required, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
While we take all reasonable precautions to protect your data, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. In the event of a data breach, we will take prompt action to mitigate the impact and notify you as required by applicable laws.
If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach, please contact us immediately using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
8. Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy and safety of children is important to us. We do not knowingly collect or process personal information from individuals under the age of 18 ("Children") without parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
Compliance with COPPA
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and any other applicable laws and regulations related to children's privacy. We do not knowingly market to or collect information from Children without verifiable parental consent.
If we discover that we have unintentionally collected personal information from a Child without parental consent, we will take prompt action to delete that information from our records. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from your Child without your consent, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information) so that we can address the situation promptly.
If you are a Child, please do not provide us with any personal information without the consent of your parent or guardian.
9. International Users
We welcome users from around the world and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regardless of your location. Please note the following specific considerations for international users:
Your personal information may be processed and stored in countries outside of your own, including but not limited to South Africa, where our servers or service providers are located. By using our services, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information in these countries, which may have different data protection laws than those in your country.
Data Protection Rights for EU Users
If you are a user located in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), you may have specific rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights may include:
- The right to access and rectify your personal information.
- The right to erasure (commonly known as the "right to be forgotten").
- The right to data portability.
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information). We will respond to your request as required by applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about the international transfer of your personal information or your data protection rights, please contact us for further information.
- Sending an email to the address you provided.
- Posting a prominent notice on our website.
11. Contact Information
You can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) or our Privacy Team using the following contact details:
If you prefer to send correspondence by mail, you can reach us at the following mailing address:Side Hustle Industries
Attn: Data Protection Officer
20 Algieba Complex, Eastern Lane
Gauteng, South Africa, 1724
We take all privacy-related inquiries and requests seriously and will respond promptly to address your concerns and provide any necessary assistance. Please provide sufficient details for us to locate your data and address your request effectively.
12. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, you agree to engage in alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation or arbitration, in accordance with the rules of the applicable jurisdiction's alternative dispute resolution authority. Any arbitration or mediation proceedings shall take place in the jurisdiction in which Side Hustle Industries operates, and the costs shall be borne by the party against whom the resolution is rendered, as determined by the arbitrator or mediator.
13. Additional Information
Here, we provide additional information and disclosures related to your privacy and data protection rights.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights may include:
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you and how it is used.
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, if applicable.
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights.
If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights or have questions about your privacy rights as a California resident, please refer to our "CCPA Privacy Notice" or contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us. We do not sell personal information as defined under Nevada law. However, if you have questions or concerns about your privacy rights as a Nevada resident, please contact us using the information provided in Section 11 (Contact Information).